At our KPS meeting yesterday evening (2013-03-13) our scheduled guest presenter, Podge Kelly, was unable to attend and in his place Seamus Costelloe presented a demonstration workshop on portraiture lighting. We’re very grateful to Seamus for stepping in at short notice and conducting this interesting and informative workshop.
The lighting topics covered by Seamus included:
- Setting up you camera for studio portraiture
- Using the Lastolite XpoBalance for colour correction and white balance.
- Use of a light meter
- Light modifiers for off camera flash – The Impact Strobros Beauty Dish
- Single source lighting for mood portraits
- modifying single source with a reflector
- Two light sources: Key light with rim light to sculpt subject from background
- Three light sources: Key light and 2 rim lights at 45 degree angles.
Seamus demonstrated these scenarios with KPS “volunteer” model Larry Wemyss as a his subject. Our thanks to Larry for his stoic patience during the workshop :-)