Kilkenny Photographic Society are proud to announce the launch of our 11th Annual Transition Year Photography Competition for 2021, kindly sponsored by St. Canice’s Credit Union, Kilkenny.
With some great photography prizes up for grabs, it’s time to capture that award-winning photograph that sums up your personal take on our theme this year. Some of the entries may be included in St. Canice’s Credit Union 2021 calendar.
All Transition Year students can take part across the Kilkenny, Laios and Carlow areas. Where a school does not have Transition Year, fifth year students can take part.
All entries must be received by the competition coordinators no later than 30th April 2021.
This year, we have chosen a loose theme to guide entrants on what our judges will be looking for with your entries: “Inspiration”, “Happiness”, “Simple Beauty”, “Positivity”.
Entries will be submitted in digital format via email to: email@example.com
- The competition is now open and your entries can be submitted anytime between now and the closing date of the 30th April 2021.
- Each student can enter one image only.
- The three images judged best from each school will go forward for critique and final judging.
- Images entered in this competition might also be considered for the St. Canice’s Credit Union Calendar for 2022.
- 1st Prize: Sony Cyber Shot DSC-WX350 Digital Camera
- 2nd Prize: Canon Ixus 185 Digital Camera
- 3rd Prize: Joby Griptight One GP stand (Phone Tripod)
- 4th Prize: Certificate ‘Highly Commended’
- 5th Prize: Certificate ‘Highly Commended’
The judge(s) will be from Kilkenny Photographic Society or other Photographic Societies, but will have no association with the schools.
- The competition is open to Transition Year Students and Fifth Year where a school does not have transition year in the appointed schools taking part in the competition.
- Images submitted must be the work of the individual student and they must own the copyright for the image.
- Each entry needs to be accompanied by a consent form signed by each student and parent or guardian of entrant.
- Entries to be LANDSCAPE, sized for entry at a minimum of 3000px X 2000px.
- Images submitted for judging must be taken between September 2020 and finish date (30th April 2021) of the competition.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry based on inappropriate or copyright content and any entries which do not adhere to the competition rules and guidelines.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- All prizes must be accepted in full are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives for the prizes.
- Personal data provided by schools and students will only be used by Kilkenny Photographic Society and St. Canices’ Credit Union for the purposes of this competition and as described in the terms and conditions of the entry form.
We would like to wish all the students, on behalf of Kilkenny Photographic Society and St. Canice’s Credit Union, every success and enjoyment in the competition.
For more information and entry details, please contact the Kilkenny Photographic Society TY Competition Organisers:
- Fiona Long – 087 9703405
- Moira Fulton – 087 2331110
- Bernadette Marnell – 086 2720154